Yes. “23. If you’re using the escalators in the metro, walk on the left side and stand on the right. I’m looking at you, interns and conference-goers.”
1. Snow > the federal government.
2. Coming from Boston, this place and its people are pretty damn friendly.
3. Coming from anywhere else, they’re rude as hell.
4. The Washington Monument looks better covered in scaffolding.
5. You’re never the smartest person in the room (and you don’t want to be).
6. People will ask you what you do for a living before asking how you’re doing.
7. If it weren’t for happy hour, I couldn’t afford to live here.
8. Seriously, BOGO for alcohol is the best.
9. Competitive karaoke is a thing, and it’s awesome.
10. Donald Rumsfeld uses the self-checkout at CVS. He goes to the one by my office.
10b. (That is considered name-dropping in DC.)
11. Work hard, brunch harder.
12. Some French asshole put rotaries or traffic circles or whatever the hell they’re called all over the place. Worst. Idea. Ever.
View original post 255 more words